Pappa’s Healthy Oatmeal Porridge
My Dad makes healthy (excellent) oatmeal porridge. For this recipe use 1 portion oats to 2 portions of water.
To make four portions:
- 2 cups large flake oats (or steel cut oats)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp salt in water
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- handful of dried apricots, chopped
- handful of dried cranberries
- handful of slivered almond
- handful of dates, chopped
- handful of raisins
- half handful of pepitas
- Bring the salted water to a boil.
- Add 1 Tbsp of oats and stir immediately so it doesn’t boil over and then add the rest of the oats.
- If using large flake rolled oats stirring constantly, takes about 5 minutes.
- If using steel cut oats stir constantly until ready (25 minutes)…before adding anything.
- Then add blueberries, and stir in the rest of the dried fruit, stir to combine, add 1 tsp of vanilla at the very end.
Serve on it’s own or topped with maple syrup and a bit of table cream.