Mediterranean Baked Halibut
Base recipe from One Pan Mediterranean Baked Halibut from Suzy at the Mediterranean Dish (thank you Suzy this was delish). I changed up the veg a bit.
1 lb Halibut Fillet sliced in three, 2″ pieces
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced (leave it out if you don’t like garlic)
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground corriander
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Couple handfuls of fresh green beans, washed with ends trimmed
- 2 carrots cut in rounds
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 half bulb of fennel, rough chopped
- 1/2 red onion sliced (to use as a rack for the fish)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the veg, except the onion, and toss to coat.
- Line a baking sheet or big cast iron pan with baker’s parchment.
- Make a rack in the centre of your pan, using the onion slices.
- Remove veg except with a slotted spoon and place them around the onions, spread in a single layer.
- Dip the halibut strips into the remaining marinade to coat.
- Put the halibut fillet on top of the onion rack and pour any remaining marinade on top.
- Sprinkle with more sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes on the middle rack.
- Move to the top rack and broil for 2-3 minutes or so until the tomatoes start to pop.
- Remove and let cool for a couple minute before plating.
Serve with rice or whatever starch you want.